We are supported by a diverse and dedicated team of volunteers / sponsors that live and work within the Welland Downtown BIA boundaries.
With passion and commitment we pursue the following initiatives and objectives:
- To beautify, enhance and preserve the downtown core of the City of Welland including our cultural assets and historical buildings.
- To develop opportunities that showcase and strengthen the WDBIA member community thus creating economic development and jobs.
- To promote and market the Welland Downtown area as a destination to shop, dine, work and visit.
- To create pride in the community with safe, well-maintained, and friendly streets.
- To enhance the quality of life through a sense of belonging.
- To promote economic and community well-being in Downtown Welland by supporting and celebrating the heart and spirit of local businesses and entrepreneurs.
Our Mission Statement
To promote economic and community well-being in Downtown Welland by supporting and celebrating the heart and spirit of local businesses and entrepreneurs.
The Welland Downtown BIA is recognized as a resourceful, innovative partner who works as a catalyst to bring together businesses, citizens, elected officials, and community organizations. The resulting impact is an increase in pride, a greater sense of belonging, and improved economic, cultural, and social well-being.
What Exactly is a BIA?
A Business Improvement Area (BIA) is a geographic area in a municipality. A BIA board of management is an organization set up to provide certain business promotion and improvement functions within that area.
A BIA allows local business people and property owners to join together and with the support of the municipality, to organize, finance and carry out physical improvement and promote economic development in their district. The local municipality is the body that is responsible for approving the budget of the BIA.
Business Improvement Areas offer a self-help approach to revitalizing business districts. Involvement with a BIA generally entails a substantial commitment of time and financial resources. However, past experience suggests that a committed membership generally leads to a successful BIA.
BIA’s Activities Include:
Beautification, Revitalization and Maintenance, Marketing and Promotion, Business recruitments, communication, and Special Events.